my mom and i were grocery shopping and i asked her what she needed and she pointed to a hot man and was like “that” and his wife heard us and burst out laughing
"made up pronouns"
All pronouns are made up
All words are made up
That is was language is
A series of words that humans made up
Kenneth Turan of the Los Angeles Times reviews Locke:
It’s a good thing, then, that as played by Hardy with a soothing Welsh accent that was his own idea, Locke is a cool-headed pragmatist that few things fluster. While that hardly insures that everything is going to work out, it does mean that our involvement with his predicament is agonizingly total.
It takes an actor of undeniable power and quiet conviction to make this happen, and without a performer of Hardy’s gifts in the lead, “Locke” would be difficult to imagine.
Photos: Tom leaving his hotel in NYC on April 24, 2014 (x)
Dress: Asos - Coat: Yours - Tights: Catherines - Shoes: Sofft - Headband: LuLu
Please invite me to your holiday parties so I have somewhere to wear this perfect dress
Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more.
I didn’t post this, but thanks to OP for crediting me! And wow at all the comments & tags! Most of them had me cracking up but this one was not so good:
"you can really overlook skin color on how f*cking fantastic the cosplay is"
Skin color is not something negative you have to overlook to appreciate the ‘rest of’ the person you are looking at. It is not a flaw that you have to ignore in order to admire someone’s work. The person who said this was not complimenting me but exposing their own racial bias.
My skin color is not something ‘wrong’ with my costumes. Being a black woman enhances my costumes. Black women are the beautiful flowers that white supremacy tried to kill but we kept growing anyway. They try to tell us we’re ugly and dirty and sadly some of us start to believe it. They sell us skin bleach & hair straighteners, and white wash our characters and expect us to be complacent. When we speak out we’re told we’re too loud and angry and unfeminine.
I appreciate all the kind words on this post but I want to say that it’s not a compliment to express approval of someone ‘in spite of’ that person’s race. If you can’t appreciate my work without a negative remark about my skin color, the problem most certainly is not with me but within you.
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
"Take care of the land…someday you’ll be part of it"
- sign on our hike in Chantery Flats